Monday, June 13, 2011

Glazed Cinnamon Apples

I love ice cream, its not much of a secret its one of my favorite desserts. But I am very boring, I have vanilla ice cream with caramel and chocolate sauce. I enjoy it but I decided to change things up a bit, still vanilla ice cream but with some apple topping. It turned out amazing. The apples have the perfect amount of cinnamon, nutmeg and sweetness. It might just replace my chocolate and caramel regulars.


Glazed Cinnamon Apples
Recipe Source: Taste of Home Magazine

6 Large Tart Apples
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
Vanilla Ice Cream

1. Peel, core and cut each apple into 8 or 10 wedges and place in a crockpot.

2. Drizzle lemon juice over apples. Combine both sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and sprinkles over apples. Drizzle butter over the top. 

3. Cook on low for 3 hours, until the apples are tender. Serve with ice cream.

I shared this at 
Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Tea Party Tuesday 
Made it on Monday 
Full Plate Thursday 
Sweets This Week 
Sweet Indulgences Sunday

12 comments:

  1. You just cant go wrong with apples and cinnamon, then throw in some ice cream, what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that sounds perfect! I've been craving apple pie, but I do not want to bake pie when it's 80 degrees outside! This'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good! I add apples to vanilla ice cream all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Must try this one. Visiting from Sweetology 101 Tea Party Tuesday. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Barbar Meghan this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow does that look delicious. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MmmmmThis looks sooo yummy!! Wish I could dig in;) Over from Larks Country Heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm!! This plus the ice cream sounds like something I need to make !

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh that sounds delicious! i;ve never tried making cinnamon apples in the crockpot, only baked them! i love them baked (with cinnamon and nuts and raisins) though, so i'm sure i'm going to love this! and as it is i have apples at home now;)

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/01/baked-apples-with-cinnamon-nuts-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Meghan,
    These Glazed Cinnamon Apples look delicious, we would really enjoy them. I can't wait to try this on a big bowl of ice cream. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, I can almost smell these cinnamon apples. I too am a big-time ice cream lover so I can completely relate.

    Thanks for linking up with Sweets This Week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The combination of apples and cinnamon is my favorite combinations. I know this has got to be absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...