I turned 30 on Monday. It was kinda a big deal. So I decided to make myself a cake. An amazing cake. This cake.
The cake is soft, rich, moist, and oh so chocolatey. The Biscoff filling is sweet, creamy, and cookie butter-licious! Its topped with a chocolate ganache that adds just a touch more chocolate to the mix, cause people, there's never enough chocolate! :)
Chocolate Cake with Biscoff Filling
Recipe Adapted from: Sally's Baking Addiction, I Am Baker, & All Recipes
1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 3/4 Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Cocoa
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 Large Eggs, room temp
1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup Strong Hot Coffee
1 cup Butter, room temp
1/2 cup Biscoff
4 cups Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
8oz Semisweet Chocolate
3 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
1 Tablespoon Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2-9inch cake pans with baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk together.
3. In a large bowl combine the buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on high until mixed well. Add in the dry ingredients slowly. Mix on low until well combined. Then add the coffee and gently stir.
4. Pour into your prepared pans. Bake for 24-27 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes in pans and then turn out onto cooling rack.
1. In a large bowl combine the butter and biscoff and beat on med-high until light and creamy.
2. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix slowly. Add in the heavy cream and vanilla. Beat together until combined then add in the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar. Beat on low and then turn up the speed until light and fluffy.
In a small saucepan, on low heat, put the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup. Stir until melted. Add in the water and stir.
Level your cakes. Pipe the Biscoff filling onto one of the cakes and place the second cake on top. Pour the ganache over the top cake. Serve!