Friday, June 10, 2011

Chocolate Frosting

A while ago I shared this chocolate cake with a buttercream frosting, my mum complained because she likes her chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. So I decided I would try it with chocolate frosting and its really good. Its a tossup what frosting I would choose to make it with the next time. Both frostings are so good.

Chocolate Frosting
Recipe Source:

1 cup Butter, softened to room temp
1 2/3 cups Cocoa
6 cups Powdered Sugar
2/3 cup Milk
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Combine butter and cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating until a spreading consistency. Add more milk if needed. Add vanilla. Makes about 4 cups.

I shared this at
Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday 
Themed Bakers Sunday
Print Friendly and PDF


  1. It looks great Meghan, how does it do at room temp?

  2. Great, the outside of the frosting just hardens a little.

  3. This looks delicious! I like a little hardening on my frosting - makes it even better. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

  4. My family LOVES this sort of looks fabulous with your cake~


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...