This is the project I have been working on for the past 3 weeks. It was a lot of work. It honestly would've taken me until next Christmas if my hubby wouldn't have been so helpful.
My hubby, the great guy that he is, did most of the work for the ornaments. I got a pattern and it had to be traced onto freezer paper and then you cut out the freezer paper and iron it onto the material. Finally cutting out the material and then the sewing of the ornaments began.
I love the tabs. I accidentally bought two different sizes of buttons and so the inside 2 are smaller than the outside 2 and you can hardly notice.
Cutting out the numbers was pretty tricky, so I used my little needlepoint scissors to cut more accurately. I also cut my binding material on the bias so it would give the edge a little candy cane look. I love it!
I am so excited about how it turned out and the girls just love to stare at it.
I purchased the pattern and material all at American Quilting. The color scheme and the material they had with the pattern was very drabby so I came up with my own idea and changed the material. I also changed the numbers because I didn't like the font they had in the pattern, I used felt instead of wool, and when my hubby was cutting the ornaments he didn't like some of them so he made up some of his own. But the basic pattern is the same and really easy to follow.