Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cherry Cheesecake Cookies

I made these cookies very skeptically. I didn't think there was any way that a cookie could really taste like cheesecake. I was wrong, not only do they taste like cheesecake, the texture is almost identical. They are light and fluffy and smooth and creamy. My mum always put cherries on our cheesecake growing up so these cookies took me back. You should make these, really, they are so good!


Cherry Cheesecake Cookies
Recipe Source: MelsKitchenCafe.com

3 1/2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
2-8oz pkgs Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
2 large Eggs
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup Graham Cracker crumbs
2-20oz cans Cherry Pie Filling

1. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until incorporated. 

2. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, about 1 hour.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners. Place graham cracker crumbs in a bowl.

4. Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll the balls in graham cracker crumbs. Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Using a tablespoon measure, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Place 3 cherries in the indent. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool for five minutes on baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before eating.

I shared this at
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Sweets for a Saturday
Holiday Food Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan! These cookies look and sound delicious! I think I'm going to try them with blueberry pie filling, too. I've got all of the ingredients except the pie filling. It will make such a pretty presentation. Thanks for sharing these on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to A Themed Baker's Sunday for this next week's theme: Christmas! Actually, this theme will continue until Christmas weekend! Hope to see you there!
    Cupcake Apothecary
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look and sound amazing. I would love it if you came to link to my holiday recipe swap blog hop. It is my first ever! Love these recipes.
    http://www.mythirtyspot.com
    -Erin Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never seen this recipe before...cookie cheesecake, I'm going to try these.They look delicious! and the family love cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've decided to try it with blueberries. I've got all of the ingredients and am planning on making them for Christmas Eve. I'm so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...