Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cinnamon Ice Cream

I have been in the mood to make ice cream but I don't have an ice cream machine so I had to borrow one. I called a bunch of people until I found one. It was worth all the calling I did.

This is the first recipe I decided to try. I was so surprised because cinnamon ice cream didn't sound that great. But its part of a recipe I am going to share with you on Thursday so I made it to see how the recipe all went together.

It is sweet, rich, creamy, with a hint of cinnamon. Its so delicious! Don't even hesitate, just go make it!


Cinnamon Ice Cream
Recipe Source: MarthaStewart.com

2 cups Whole Milk
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
5 large Egg Yolks
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt

1. Heat the milk, cream, and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat until there start to be bubbles around the edges. Remove from the heat, cover, and let cream mixture sit at room temperature for about 1 hour.

2. Make an ice-water bath. Uncover the cream mixture, and reheat until hot but not boiling. Whisk the yolks, sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add the hot cream mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly until combined. Return the mixture to your saucepan, and stir constantly over medium heat until it coats the back of your spoon, about 10 minutes. (Do not let it come to a simmer.)

3. Strain mixture through a fine sieve and set the bowl in the ice-water bath. Let cool, stirring occasionally, until its cold, about 20 minutes.

4. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to directions for yours. Transfer to a large container, and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...