Monday, May 2, 2011

Strawberry Pie

Just for the record, this pie is shiny and its really hard to take a picture of something this shiny. So if you are having a hard time seeing it very well, sorry, I tried really hard to get a good picture.

I bought a ton of strawberries and I have no idea why, so I decided to make a pie. I think you normally use whole strawberries hulled when you make a strawberry pie, but I decided because I had so many strawberries to quarter them so I could fit more. I have yet to master the pie crust so I  just bought one and this pie turned out delicious, it was such a good fresh treat!


Strawberry Pie
Recipe Adapted From: Allrecipes.com

1 Pie Crust, baked
6 cups Fresh Strawberries, quartered
1 cup Granulated Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1/2 cup Water
2 oz Chocolate, I used white

1. Melt chocolate. Using a pastry brush paint the chocolate on the pie crust and let cool until hardened (this prevents the crust form going soggy). Arrange 4 1/2 cups of strawberries in pie crust. Mash remaining strawberries and combine with the sugar in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.

2. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water. Gradually stir the cornstarch mixture into the boiling strawberry mixture. Continue to boil stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour mixture over berries in pie crust. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream.

5 comments:

  1. Strwaberries are all over the place right now, and what better way to send them to the stomach in the sky by making a pie! It looks seriously strawberryish..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicous! I seriously love everything you make. I made the eclairs you posted and they were FANTASTIC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! I like cake, but pie, pie is my forte. I have a great pie crust recipe if you want it. It's my Grandma Stewart's "never fail" crust and it totally lives up to its name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strawberry pie looks absolutely incredible! And your blog is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my husband make this for me for mother's day. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...