Monday, May 9, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles

I love to eat cookie dough... don't you? Right before I eat it I always have the thought, I hope I don't get sick from the eggs, then I eat it anyway. So when I came across this recipe I was so excited. These are so good and there is no worry about eating it because there are no eggs in the recipe.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Recipe Source: TheGirlWhoAteEverything.com

8 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature 
3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1-14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 lbs Semisweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
Mini Chocolate Chips, for garnish

1. Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, approx. 2 minutes. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated and smooth. Mix in the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm enough to form balls.

2. Shape the chilled cookie dough into 1½ inch balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cover loosely, put the pan in the freezer and chill for 2 hours.

3. Dipping the truffles... Melt the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Dip each truffle, one at a time using a fork, coat in chocolate and tap against the bowl to remove the excess. Place on a wax paper lined surface. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets. Once all the truffles have been dipped, store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, these look wonderful! i'm going to put them on my baking goal list and do a little repost sometime if that's ok! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO good. I still haven't made truffles of any kind, I've gotta try my hand at it. Putting these on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made similar ones before and they were delish! This look very good too!

    www.birdietobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my...I really shouldn't have looked! I'm a big fan of cookie dough, so these may just be my favorite flavor of truffle ever! I need an excuse to make a batch and give 99% of them away :) Or maybe just 98%!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...