Do you remember how pumpkin is amazing and cookies, oh cookies, I love cookies and Nutella. Nutella in anything makes it better. All together baked into a delicious bar. Crispy on the outside, a sweet chewy cookie, and smooth creamy Nutella in the middle. Oh. My. Gosh. I Love it. Its a great fall treat!
Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x9 baking dish.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the melted butter, pumpkin puree, and both sugars. Beat until smooth. Add in egg yolk, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix to combine. Add in the flour and mix until its smooth.
3. Divide the batter in half and press half into your prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
4. Melt the Nutella in the microwave until its runny. Pour over the crust when you take it out of the oven. Spread so it evenly covers the crust.
5. With the rest of the dough, make little patties in your hand and place them on top of the Nutella, using all of the dough. It may not cover all of it but thats ok. Bake for 17-19 more minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
Recipe Slightly adapted from: Crazy for Crust