Monday, May 16, 2016

3 Bean Turkey Chili

I was, as I usually am, searching on a Sunday night looking for recipes for the week on pinterest and came across this recipe for chili. It looks delicious, and I love chili so I figured I'd give it a shot. I altered it a little to fit our family and it was amazing. I make it all the time. Its my favorite meal when its rainy outside!


3 Bean Turkey Chili

2 lbs Ground Turkey
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
46oz Tomato Juice
2 - 16oz cans Diced Tomatoes
1 - 15oz can Tomato Sauce
2 cans Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
2 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed

Optional Toppings
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream

1. In a large skillet brown the turkey over medium heat. Drain the grease. Add in the onion, green pepper and garlic. Continue cooking over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent. Remove from the heat and add in the chili powder, cumin, sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix so the spices are combined. 

2. Pour the meat mixture into your crockpot or large pot on the stove. Add in the tomato juice, tomatoes, tomato paste, and the 3 kinds of beans. Mix well and cook on low in crockpot for 7-8 hours or on the stove simmering for 2 hours. Serve hot!

Recipe Slightly adapted from: Pip and Ebby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...