Monday, October 24, 2011

Chex Mix

I have a small obsession with this treat. I can't stop eating it. I think I may be addicted. My grandma always made it with slivered almonds and coconut. I am not really a fan of those so I switched them out for Mini Reeses Pieces. Not only does it look Halloweeny, but it was a way to get one of my favorite candies into my favorite treat.


Chex Mix  
Recipe Source: Lucile Belliston

5 cups Golden Grahams
5 cups Corn Chex
5 cups Rice Chex
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Corn syrup
6 Tablespoons Butter

1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place golden grahams, corn chex, and rice chex in a large bowl. 

2. Bring sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Pour over cereal. Mix well. Pour onto cookie sheet and leave until cool. Eat.
 

2 comments:

  1. Chex mix is awesome and I'm a fan of the spicy mix but yours look great for this time of year,
    Great job, and your cookies for the bake sale were very well loved :)
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version looks so festive! I just pulled up the picture and Ellie said "oooh!" I think we need to make that this week! Chex are like her favorite food anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...