Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cinnabon Popcorn

Cinnabon makes my favorite cinnamon rolls. I get one every time I go to the mall. I found this cinnamon roll recipe and it rivals those delicious cinnamon rolls. So when I started looking for some yummy popcorn recipes and came across this Cinnabon popcorn recipe I knew it was for me! It lives up to its name. Its sweet, cinnamony, and a snack I will be making more frequently than I probably should!


Cinnabon Popcorn
Recipe Source: Remodelaholic.com

1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 cup Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda

To be sure there weren’t any kernels, pour the popped corn into a bowl and tossed it a bit. Then remove a small handful at a time, and place the kernel free popcorn into a large mixing bowl.

Make the caramel
1. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon in a large microwaveable bowl and mix well to combine. Add butter and corn syrup and microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir so its combined. Return to the microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. Microwave for 2 more minutes. Then remove and whisk in the vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will foam a little. Drizzle the caramel over the popcorn and stir until evenly coated.

2. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Pour caramel covered popcorn onto the foil. Place in the oven and bake at 250°F for 30 minutes, stir every 10 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...