Monday, April 4, 2011

Strawberry Upside Down Cake

Are you ready for a week of cakes?! I have a lot of cake recipes to share so I figured I would make a week of it. Its going to be good!

Cake Week, Day 1 of 7: I had never heard of a Strawberry Upside Down cake before. But I had a lot of strawberries in my fridge and I was afraid they were going to go bad so I went on a search. I came across this cake and it didn't look like much work and it would use a lot of my strawberries, that's why I chose it. It turned out to be an excellent choice. Fresh and delicious. A good spring treat. 


Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com

2 cups crushed Strawberries
2 - 3oz pkgs Strawberry Jell-O
3 cups Mini Marshmallows
1 - 18oz pkg Yellow Cake Mix, prepared as directed on package

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x13 cake pan. 

2. Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of pan. Evenly sprinkle the dry Jell-O over the strawberries and top with the mini marshmallows. Pour prepared cake mix on top of marshmallows. 

3. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife. 

4. Turn the cake out onto a large serving tray. Store the cake in the refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. very fun and very colorful! what a great, spring, cake!!! thanks for sharing :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with strawberries. I've got two cartons in my fridge, thanks for reminding me to use them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! Can't wait for the rest of cake week! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...