I'm usually the girl that chooses chocolate. But every once in a while I need a little lemon. This 7Up pound cake hits that spot. Its soft and sweet, light and moist. It pairs so well with fruit and cream. Make this amazing dessert to share with people that aren't as obsessed with chocolate as you are:) It's almost better than chocolate cake.
7Up Pound Cake
Recipe Source: My Baking Addiction
1 1/2 cups Butter, room temp
3 cups Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
5 large Eggs
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons Lemon Extract
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup 7Up or Sprite
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your bundt pan with baking Pam.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter on medium for 5 minutes. Put in the sugar and lemon zest and beat in medium for an additional 5 minutes. Scrape the bowl.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the vanilla and lemon extracts and beat until combined.
4. Add in the flour in thirds alternating with the 7Up ending with the flour. Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for about 75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then turn the cake onto the cooling rack. Let cool completely before serving.