Thursday, March 27, 2014

Homemade Maple Syrup

We go through syrup like its going out of style. My kids love pancakes and waffles so we have them all the time. Sometimes we have jam on them but most times its syrup. So I recently decided to try making my own. Its even better than the store bought stuff as most things are. Its sweet, mapley, and it doesn't get thick like the store bought stuff which is a plus in my book. My kids would've drank it I let them, but its basically just sugar so that's not a surprise really. Ha. Make it, you wont regret it!


Homemade Maple Syrup
Recipe Source: TheFoodCharlatan.com

1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 cup Warm Water
1 teaspoon Maple Extract

In a medium saucepan combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and warm water. Stirring constantly, over medium high heat, boil for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in the maple extract. Let cool completely before putting in the fridge. Store in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried with brown sugar!! I'll have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys liked this Meghan! My husband loves this syrup so much, it's his mom's recipe. If I don't make it for pancakes or waffles he is so disappointed. I'm like hello, I just made you pancakes, how bout a high five?? haha. but it's so easy I should just make it every time. Stores forever too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...