Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ginger Cookies

I love ginger snaps but sometimes I wish they were more soft instead of hard and crunchy. When I found this recipe I was excited to try it. They were as good as I thought they would be. They are sweet, soft, and they don't have an overwhelming ginger flavor. I added white chocolate chips to soften the flavor a bit and they were just like I hoped they would be.


Ginger Cookies
Recipe Source: TheSweetsLife.com

4 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour 
3 teaspoons of Ground Ginger
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cups Shortening
2 cups Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Molasses
1 bag White Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour, ginger, baking soda, ground cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a bowl. 

2. In the bowl of a mixture beat shortening in mixer for 30 seconds, until creamy. Add sugar and beat until combined. Add eggs and molasses, continuing mixing until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until it is all added. Pour the white chocolate chips into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.

3. Pour 3/4 cup sugar into a bowl. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in the sugar. Place on cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.

I shared this at
Totally Tasty Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...