Monday, March 4, 2013

Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

I am so excited for the recipe I have to share today from the Secret Recipe Club! I was assigned BCMom's Kitchen this month. Her name is Anna and she has so many good recipes. She is trying to have more meals at home and make them easy and delicious at the same time. The recipes I tried from her site, and by the look of all of the other recipes, she is succeeding! 

So it was hard to choose what to make. I narrowed it down to this Hearty Soup and these Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars and I ended up making both. You can see what I chose to share today and I will share the soup in the future, but I will say I made good choices. These bars have a flaky crust with a sweet and chewy peanut butter/chocolate chip topping. They disappeared really fast, they were so good! I will be going back to this site to make more things!


Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Recipe Source: BCMom's Kitchen

Crust
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Butter, soft but still cold

Filling
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 inch pan.  In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and cornstarch. Cut butter in until its crumbly. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.

2. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and salt until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour over the cooked crust and put back into the oven.

4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool completely on wire rack and cut into bars.

14 comments:

  1. These look amazing...what an awesome dessert! Great SRC pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like these bars came out PERFECT... if only I could duplicate... lol. Stopping by from the SRC March reveal

    ReplyDelete
  3. great src pick, these look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Yum! How can someone resist to peanut butter and chocolate and chewyness?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found me before I had time to get home and get on my computer to let you know how happy I was to receive your blog this month for SRC and how much we enjoyed the Loaded Potato Soup. I loved looking around your site and can't wait to make more of your wonderful recipes, including these chocolate pb bars, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another recipe to add to my "when hubby is away list" - the down side of being married to an amazing person who is allergic to peanuts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I need to make those bars again! They're really popular at a potluck. Glad you liked the soup, too. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the soup! I'm move of a savory person, versus sweet. But these bars look divine. Nice pick for the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't go wrong with PB & chocolate! sounds amazing. great SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum! Peanut butter and chocolate never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum- can't wait to make these! yay for src :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any cookie/bar with the word "chewy" in it is bound to make Grumpy happy! :) Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always hard to choose just one. Love the bars and looking forward to the soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your triple chocolate oreo bars last month and I'm sure I'll love these. Looks like I'll be addicted to most of the desserts you post...which isn't a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...