Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hostess Cupcake Clone & Secret Recipe Club

First things first, I have added a couple new features to my blog... You can now hover over a picture with your mouse and a flag will appear so you can 'Pin It' to Pintrest! This is one of my favorite features on some of my favorite blogs so I am really excited to have it!!

I have also started a Cupcakes with Sprinkles Pintrest Page and a picture of EVERY recipe on my blog is over there. So you can see what delicious things you want to pin more easily!

Lastly, on the left side bar you are able to enjoy by email every time something new is posted. So lots of new things over here! Now onto some sweet stuff!


For the Secret Recipe Club this month I got Camilla from Culinary Adventures. She has done so many exciting things in her life! And now she is sharing all the great food she makes! She has recipes for a bunch of things that I never would've thought to try! Its a great place to go find something new and delicious! 


The recipe I chose was Hostess Cupcakes. I have had these on my 'to make' list for a while so I was really excited she had a recipe on her blog! The cupcake was soft and moist, the filling was sweet and fluffy, and the chocolate frosting was dark and rich. Enjoy and go check out her blog!!


Hostess Cupcakes
Recipe Source: Culinary-Adventures-with-Cam.blogspot.com
Also Adapted From: TheNoviceChefBlog.com

Cupcakes
1 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Dutch Process Cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup Milk

Filling
4 Tablespoons Butter, room temp
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 cup Marshmallow Creme

Chocolate Ganache
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Milk
2 teaspoons Corn Syrup
2 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar, sifted

Icing
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extrac
1 Tablespoon Milk
 
Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. 

2. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl whisk egg, sugar, oil and vanilla. Then add flour mixture, alternating with milk, untilthe batter is smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake 18-20 minutes. 

Filling
In a medium bowl, beat together all ingredients. When the cupcakes are cool, cut a cone out of the middle of each cupcake. Put filling into a piping bag and pipe cupcakes with marshmallow mixture and replace the tops.

Chocolate Ganache
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the milk, corn syrup and chocolate. Stir slowly until the chocolate is melted. 

2. Once its melted, remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar. Immediately dip the top of each cupcake into the icing and transfer to a wire rack.

Icing
Using a mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and milk and mix until smooth. Transfer to a pastry bag with a small piping tip. Pipe a swirl decoration on the cupcakes. 


17 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes were always my fave when I was a kid and my sisters and I always wanted my mom to buy them for us. Now that I'm grown and can bake, I have so been wanting to make them. Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can resist all that creamy filling, Meghan? Delicious - I definitely must try these - what a fun recipe to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fabulous! Thanks for exploring my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! Making me super hungry for dessert. :) Love the cute swirl on top...totally looks authentic but I bet WAY yummier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could be VERY dangerous for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable. I've seen these online and each time I stop to admire them. Great pick for this months SRC reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hostess cupcakes are my favorite from childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always want to bake Hostess Cupcakes too. Yours a beautiful. You got the swirl just right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to make these once and they didn't turn out, but I'm willing to try again. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look fantastic!!! Love this recipe idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum! Your homemade version looks way yummier than the store-bought ones. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I have to make these. Those look just like they came out of the package - only better - HOMEMADE!!

    I had your blog this month. so many great recipes to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the cupcakes looks so yummy and delicious. I'll prepare this for my kids because they love chocolate flavor cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How many does one batch make? Trying to figure if I want to double or triple the recipe, they sound so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...