Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thin Mint Truffles

Mint truffles are my favorite. This is so easy its the yummiest truffle I've ever made. The original recipe calls for Thin Mints but I missed girl scout cookie season so I used Grasshopper cookies instead.


Thin Mint Truffles

9oz box of Thin Mints or Grasshopper Cookies, finely crushed
4oz Cream Cheese, softened
Dark Chocolate Almond Bark or Candy Melts
Nonpareils

1. Pour crushed Thin Mints in a large bowl and add the cream cheese. Its pretty thick so I mixed it in my mixer and then made sure it was mixed really well with my hands until the cream cheese was no longer visible.

2. Roll into 1 inch balls, place on a wax paper lined baking sheet, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

3. Melt almond bark or candy melts and using a toothpick, dip truffles completely and twirl to allow the excess to drip off. Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with nonpareils before set. Refrigerate until firm. Makes about 24 truffles.

I shared this at
Sweets for a Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...