Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Amish Friendship Bread

I love bread, but when my mum gave me this recipe and I read it takes 10 days to make, I was just going to go home and throw it away. But lucky for me she gave me some of the bread along with the recipe and after I tasted it, I had to make it. It is so unhealthy, but so good. Totally worth the 10 days it sits on the couter staring at you.


Amish Friendship Bread

*Do NOT use a metal spoon or metal for mixing
*Do NOT refrigerate

When air forms in bag and is too puffy, let it out and reseal. It is normal for batter to rise, bubble, and ferment.

DAY 1 In a bowl stir until combined, 1 cup Flour, 1 cup Granulated Sugar, & 1 cup Milk. Pour into a quart size ziploc bag.
DAY 2 Mush the bag - squeeze the batter around a little
DAY 3 Mush the bag
DAY 4 Mush the bag
DAY 5 Mush the bag
DAY 6 In the bag, add: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Mix in and squeeze.
DAY 7 Mush the bag
DAY 8 Mush the bag
DAY 9 Mush the bag
DAY 10: Combine in a LARGE bowl; the batter from bag, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk.

Stir and pour Three 1 cup starters into quart size Ziploc bags. Keep one for yourself and give the other 2 to friends with the instructions.

To the remaining batter in the bowl, add following ingredients and mix well:

1 cup Vegetable Oil
2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
3 Eggs
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 - 5.1oz box Instant Vanilla Pudding Powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease and sugar a large bundt pan or 2 large bread pans with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour batter into pan(s) and sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes for bundt pan or 1 hour for 2 bread pans. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan(s).

1 comment:

  1. I love amish friendship bread. I have fond memories of making it for months when I was a kid. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...