Monday, April 18, 2011

Double Chocolate Mint Cookies

Soft and chewy, minty and so chocolaty. There are so many great things about a chocolate chocolate cookie. These ones have Andes mint pieces in them that's what makes them so good!


Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
Recipe Source: cookiesandcups.blogspot.com

1 1/2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Butter, softened
2/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 teaspoon Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking pieces

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment.

2. Melt 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chips over double boiler until just melted. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
 
3. Combine dry ingredients in small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl combine butter, sugars and vanilla and beat together until creamy. Add eggs, scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to mix. Add the cooled, melted chocolate and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. 

4. Add the Andes baking pieces and 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir until combined. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12  minutes until they spread and the centers don't look wet.
 
5. Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets then transfer to cooling rack.

4 comments:

  1. Mint and I are best friends. I LOVE anything with mint. I'm sure I'd love these cookies.

    Speaking of cookies, I have a blog giveaway going on right now for a batch, of your choice! I hope you stop by to enter! http://thiswomancooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been a big chocolate cookie person but throw in some mint and I'm there! Thanks for posting this recipe!
    Oh, I saw your Gran this weekend and I swear she is the nicest person! She had me laughing non-stop even though I kept dropping a tv on my toe, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. These look amazing. I have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meghan for dropping by my blog.

    I will try this one.

    I love chocolate chip cookies and chocolate mints, what a combination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...