So in my kitchen there is no where to put any papers, that would normally go on the front of the fridge to display. Our fridge is stainless steel and apparently its not magnetic. So very disappointed I decided to remedy the situation with a magnet board.
Nail Gun (optional)
Nail Gun (optional)
Ready, here we go! The board I made was 24" by 35". I bought the board at Home Depot and it was $5. I had them cut it to the right size(they do that for free).
Its 1/4" thick...
I then bought the molding and they cut that too. It was $.58 a foot and so it cost me just under $6. I then had the hubby cut the molding on 45 degree angles. Then we nailed the frame together(you dont have to nail it together, you could glue the sheet metal to the board, then glue your molding pieces to the board, then fill the cracks and paint).
The next step is to fill the cracks where the molding didnt quite come together when you nailed it and the nail holes. After I filled the cracks and holes I wiped it off with a damp paper towel.
Then you need to attach the sheet metal to the board. I also got my sheet metal at Home Depot. It was $9. It needed to be trimmed because it was too long on one side, but we realized we needed it shorter on all the sides. So after many attempts at scoring it with an x-acto knife and trying to bend it (which is what the guy at Home Depot said would work so well, he lied, it was really a huge pain and we ended up giving up), I used my kitchen scissors and it cut it like it was paper. By the way, my kitchen scissors suck, so anybodies will probably work.
Then you put your liquid nails on the back and press it down, start from the center and work your way out.
While you are waiting for that to set, paint your molding. It took 2 coats of the spray paint that I bought. I got the paint at Lowes and it was like $4. I bought a black satin no drip kind and it turned out fantastic! Once your paint is dry you put the liquid nails on the back of the molding and press it onto the board.
After I pressed it onto the board we turned it upside down and put books on top of it and let it set for a couple of hours. Then up it went, well we did put hooks on the back, just regular old picture frame hooks. One on each side.
It fits perfectly in the space I had for it.
I love it! If you have any questions or need help with this project, leave me a comment and I will help if I can!